Frequently Asked Questions
At Classic Home Improvements, we take the time to explain the details about the services you request. We answer all of your questions politely and explain our estimates for your home improvement project to your satisfaction.
Because we believe an educated consumer is our best customer, we’ve provided this page of Common Questions for your benefit.
How long will my project take?
- Once we have your order in hand, a team of professionals begins production planning.
- Our Production Department first schedules a visit to your home to confirm the measurements and quantities needed for ordering materials. Work specifications for each trade skill are broken down onto separate work orders. Purchase orders are prepared and sent to each vendor supplying materials.
- When all the paper work is completed and the materials are in-house we will contact you to verify our start date.
- Once the work is started on your home it is our company’s policy to proceed to completion. It’s important for each homeowner to understand that our concern is much the same as yours: the successful completion of your project in a timely and clean manner.
How much will my home improvements cost?
- Projects vary widely depending on your needs and budget. Our representatives visit with you to better understand your home improvement needs. At Classic Home Improvements we do more than give you a quote. We provide you with the information you need to make the right decisions for your home.
- Our representatives take time to explain the details regarding your project. We answer all of your questions and explain our estimates for your home improvement project.
- There is no obligation. Give us some time to review your wish list and we will give you valuable information. We believe that an educated consumer is our best customer!
What types of insurance should a contractor carry?
- Contractors should carry at least three types of insurance: California state license, workman’s compensation, and comprehensive general liability (CGL). You should require proof of insurance before allowing a contractor to begin work on your property. We will provide you with proof of our license, general liability, and workers’ compensation forms before we begin work at your home.
Why should I spend money on new windows?
It’s likely you’re reading about windows for one of the following reasons:
- You’re spending a great deal of money on heating or cooling your home
- You’re cold when you sit in your favorite chair next to a window
- You found out how much your painter is charging to paint each window
- You just tried to clean a window
- Your neighbor was recently bragging about their new windows
- The money you spend on new windows is an investment in comfort, cost savings, and pride of home ownership.
Why do roofing estimates vary so widely?
Roofing costs are heavily weighted to labor and insurance. Generally insurance is the difference. Contractors who don’t have insurance or who have restricted insurance will be less expensive. (For you, this savings may be no savings at all if something goes wrong.)
Will there be a big mess during our project?
We respect your property by: laying down clean tarps as needed and cleaning the work space and traffic areas daily.
How do you handle communication with us during our project?
When we visit you for the measurements after the job is awarded, we will give you a schedule we can be held accountable for. Our project manager will communicate the status of your job regularly. Our goal is to answer your questions before you have to ask them.
I’ve worked with unpleasant contractors in the past, what are your workers like?
Long-faced and ill-tempered workers are not allowed on our jobs. You will find
everyone who comes into your home to be skilled, friendly and helpful in answering any of your questions.
What areas of San Diego do you offer services to?
Classic Home Improvements performs work in all of San Diego County including Alpine, Bonita , Bonsall , Cardiff by the Sea, Carlsbad, Chula Vista , Coronado , Del Mar, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Fallbrook, Imperial Beach , Jamul , La Jolla , La Mesa , Lakeside , Lemon Grove , National City , Oceanside , Palomar Mountain, Poway ,Rancho Santa Fe , San Diego, San Luis Rey, San Marcos , Santee, Solana Beach, Spring Valley, Temecula , Valley Center, Vista , Warner Springs.